Creating and editing items {Teams/Families vaults only, at this time]

zendnez
zendnez
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm confused. The Win 10 beta notes suggest that I should be able to create and edit 1Password items. An example is the release note comment about how template order was changed when the plus button is clicked.

I am running what I believe is the latest version of the beta but the + and Edit buttons are always grayed out and non-clickable. Until I read the release notes, I assumed that was because create / edit functionality hadn't been implemented yet.

I'm on a Surface Book running the latest production release of Win 10 and am up to date on Windows Update packages. My vault is a DropBox-based vault in case that's relevant.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @zendnez!

We do in fact support adding and editing of items, but only for Teams and Family vaults. This feature has not yet been implemented for vaults syncing with dropbox/onedrive/folders.

If you'd like to learn more about Families, you can read a blog post about it here .

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

We apologize for the confusion, there, @zendnez!

Please do take a look at 1Password for Families—we think you'll like it!

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member

Thanks, @mohamedosman & @DBrown .

I appreciate the answer to my question and the info about team sites & families. I have a team site set up and will likely transition that to a family site once you offer a migration option, which I know you've said is forthcoming.

That said, I can't move my family over to team sites until either the Windows desktop app or the Windows 10 app provide an end-to-end Windows solution including support for browser extensions. Looking forward to that.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

@zendnez and end-to-end solution is our goal and I'm glad you're joining us for the ride :)

This discussion has been closed.