how to delete the "your vault" vault in team?

Options
dunce
dunce
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Business and Teams

I have my personal data stored in primary vault before 1password for team came out. now in team version there are 2 default vaults which says "your vault" and "everyone". as to my understanding "everyone" is for sharing purpose, just to make things simple and organized, how can I delete the "your vault" in team version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.5.1.90 for chrome
OS Version: el capitan
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:delete vault

Comments

• There is currently no way hide or delete "Your Vault" or "Everyone" vault.

I have seen requests to be able to get rid of the "Everyone" vault because it is possible to create other shared vaults. However, the "Your Vault" is probably needed in most cases. Even when you are a part of the team with many shared items, there will be passwords that belong to you. For example, your company/team email account or your Slack credentials for this team. You are the only person who is going to access them but they have no personal value once you leave team.

• dunce
    dunce
    Community Member
    Options

took a second look, better practice would be move all "primary vault" items into "your vault" in team, is that true? for me only one private vault and one shared vault is needed, so which one to keep and which to delete is the real question here.
    Is this also what you mean @roustem?

• Yes, I think this is close to what I did, @dunce.

I now have two team accounts. One for AgileBits and one for my family. I moved all AgileBits-related items into my vault at AgileBits and the rest to my vault in the family. Then I moved items that should be shared with others into the shared vaults.

After that I completely got rid of the Primary vault:

• dunce
    dunce
    Community Member
    Options

thx @roustem . that's what I thought. thanks for the input :-)

• Thank you! I am glad I could help :)

• Woodrel
    Woodrel
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem "After that I completely got rid of the Primary vault"
    Now I'm on Teams/Families, how do you completely get rid of the primary vault? I can't work it out.

• @Woodrel Currently, the only way to activate Teams-only mode is to reset your 1Password setup and sign in to your account from the start. Before you do, please back things up. Depending on your platform, you can find out where your data is stored by giving this knowledge base article a read. Just back up the whole folder. Then at that point, follow this guide to remove it:

How do I start over with an empty vault?

Once you do that, launch 1Password and sign in to your Teams account. Teams-only mode will be enabled. :) Let us know if you have any other questions.

• Woodrel
    Woodrel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

• rob
    Options

Great, keep us posted if you have any questions! :)

• Woodrel
    Woodrel
    Community Member
    Options

Resetting 1Password did the trick. No personal (or primary) vaults on Mac OS, but still on iOS.
    It would be good to have a Personal Vault toggle button in future releases instead of the Enable Personal Vaults button in advanced preferences.

• @Woodrel Glad to hear it. We're going to be improving the Personal Vaults experience in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.