When are you planning to release the Android app that takes advantage of the fingerprint reader?

Options
yamnitsky
yamnitsky
Community Member

Most new Android devices have a fingerprint reader (Nexus 6P and 5X, Samsung GS6, etc.) -- do you have a plan of releasing an update to the Android app that takes advantage of this? It's really annoying to have to type in the password/code each time, given there's fingerprint reader on the device.

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:fingerprint android, kb:ios-extension-faq

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yamnitsky,

Yes, the fingerprint unlock feature is coming soon! The upcoming 1Password for Android update contains a lot of changes and great new features, so it's important that we do thorough internal testing first, then it will go to public beta, and then stable release through the Play Store. We're really excited to share it with you! It won't be too long now. :)

• yamnitsky
    yamnitsky
    Community Member
    Options

Any chance to be part of the public beta?

• HorFrost
    HorFrost
    Community Member
    Options

I'm looking forward to this feature! Great app, by the way.

• @HorFrost We actually released this in 1Password 6, which exited beta on 8 February. You may not see it, though, because your device doesn't have Marshmallow just yet. Don't worry: More manufacturers are adding it in the coming months. I'd suggest doing a bit of research on your device model to see if and when it will have support for Marshmallow so you can start using it with 1Password. :)

• HorFrost
    HorFrost
    Community Member
    Options

That's awesome! My device should have Marshmallow by April. Thank you!

• That's exciting, @HorFrost! Hopefully you'll be able to take advantage of Fingerprint Unlock soon!

This discussion has been closed.