Can a delted Vault be restored

ntimo
ntimo
Community Member

Hello,
if lets say I or someone else with admin permissions deletes a vault in accident is there a way to restore it? Or will it be gone forever?

Thx Timo :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ntimo! Good question. Currently, when you delete a vault, it is archived on our server. That leaves the potential to restore it later on if necessary, but there's not an option in the web interface to restore a vault right now. If you do delete something, you can email us from the address you used to sign up at support@1password.com and let us know what happened. We'd be happy to help out. :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@penderworth This sounds really really nice. I just wanted to ask to know is in the feature when its needed. Is there a plan on adding an option to the admin menu for this?

• @ntimo I'm not sure what the plans are for this specifically. We are working on a way to restore data that has been deleted, though. This will be included in that category, I'm sure, but we don't have any other specifics at the moment.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@penderworth Is it possible to restore items that where in the trash? After the trash was cleared? Sounds like good news for data recovery can't wait to have it implemented :)

• @ntimo Yep, that's possible, but only upon request at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.