Upgraded to El Capitan

Options
tcaker
tcaker
Community Member

I was running 1password version 3.8.18 and upgraded to El Capitan. I tried to open the 1 Password program and I cannot retrieve any of my saved passwords. How can I get access to the saved passwords on my old version of 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I was running 1password version 3.8.18 and upgraded to El Capitan. I cannot recall my passwords

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1PW3 does not work satisfactorily on El Capitan (and 3.8.18 wasn't even the last version of 1PW3).

You will need to update to 1PW6. This is a paid upgrade. On the purchase page enter your licence number to get the upgrade price.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @tcaker,

While 1Password 3 can run in El Capitan, it might not do it smoothly (as you are experiencing yourself). You have two options. The first one is to upgrade your licence, as @danco suggested. You can check the very nice discount for upgrading here: https://agilebits.com/store. The second option, and the one I personally chose, is to get 1 Password for Families. 1 Password for families is subscription based, and for $5 a month you and other 5 people can use the latest version of 1 Password in all of your devices for free! Here you can read more about it and sign in if you like it: https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/02/16/introducing-1password-for-families/

I hope this information helps! :chuffed:

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tcaker,

I hope the answers from danco and Pilar were helpful for you! In case you're curious, we explain more about 1Password 3 compatibility on El Capitan here: 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

If you have any questions about that or need help upgrading, please let us know. We're always glad to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.