My username and password are filling in the wrong fields on a specific website, how can I fix it?

Options
nameaneh
nameaneh
Community Member

A website has a create account on the left and a login on the right, 1Password is filling in on the create account section and not the login section.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My username and password are filling in the wrong fields on a specific website, how can I fix it?

Comments

• Vijendra
    Vijendra
    Community Member
    Options

try to look at the web form details in the 1Password item that you are having a problem with. Most often the issue will be more evident.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

@nameaneh - In addition to what @Vijendra recommended, I'd suggest following these directions: How to manually save a Login

These directions are not the same as opening a new record and typing in the username and password. They often help 1Password more thoroughly "understand" the structure of a web page. It's worth a try. Do let us know how it goes. If it doesn't work, would you be able to post the URL for the site here? If so, one of the AgileBits people who knows more about web form structure can see if they can figure out what to do.

• nameaneh
    nameaneh
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Awesome that worked! Thank you @hawkmoth

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great, I'm glad hawkmoth's suggestion solved the problem!

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.