Data entry invisible while typing

Options

I have 1Password Version 3.8.22 (build 32010) running on a Retina MacBook Pro OS X El Capitan (10.11.3). When I attempt to add a new entry or edit an existing one, the data field is white, the cursor is not visible and keystrokes are not visible. I must tab out or select another field to see and verify what I entered. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 3.8.22 (build 32010)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:typing

Comments

• catran4749
    catran4749
    Community Member
    Options

When I open 1password apps, and like to add or update I can't see the fonts. It is white area with white fonts.
    What to do?

1Password Version: 1password 3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I the last weeks I can't see the font when I open this application. The box is white.

• catran4749
    catran4749
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

@catran4749 - If you are running OS X 10.11.x (you didn't report your OS), you are discovering the limitations of a very old version that has seen no development in several years. With the update of OS X to El Capitan, version 3 of 1Password became essentially unusable. It's time for an upgrade. If you bought your version 3 license in 2013, you would be entitled to the upgrade free, but if your license is older than that, there was a discounted payment required to upgrade to version 4. Since then, all subsequent upgrades have been free.

You can see what you need to pay, if anything, to upgrade to version 6, which is the current release, by entering your 1Password 3 license key on the upgrades page in the AgileBits web store. You can do that by clicking on this link.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BMWrider and @catran4749,

I'm sorry you're running into some trouble with 1Password 3 on El Capitan! I've merged both of your threads together since they are for the same issue.

Hawkmoth's answer is spot-on, and if you're interested, we have more information in this forum post: 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

I hope that helps explain the situation and your options, but if you have more questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks! :)

• BMWrider
    BMWrider
    Community Member
    Options

I upgraded to version 6 and no more issues.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.