Can`t add my license

Options
hardly_ever
hardly_ever
Community Member

I got the Trial expire notice after reinstalling all the system on my Mac and downloading the 1password 6.0.1 from an agile website. I followed the instructions and requested to resend me the license number. I got it and tried to paste it somewhere in the "Add your license" tab but there is no field where I can insert this text. It wants something to be uploaded not inserted. There is a button "add your license" and when clicking on it, Finder opens suggesting that I select the file to upload.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:sales-faq, kb:purchase-verification, kb:trial-expired, kb:add-license

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hardly_ever,

I'm sorry for any confusion about the Trial Expired message you're seeing. We have information about that here: “Trial Expired” notice (Mac)

I tried searching our system for the email address associated with your forum account, and it looks like you have a license for 1Password 3 for Mac, but not version 4/5/6 (those newer versions are a paid upgrade from version 3). If you think you may have purchased an upgrade to version 4/5/6 from the AgileBits Store under a different email address, you can have your license resent to you from the "I've lost my license" section at the bottom of our support site.

Or is it possible you purchased 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store? In that case, we wouldn't have that information in our own system, but you can simply reinstall the Mac App Store version of 1Password (the "Trial Expired" message only appears for the AgileBits Store version). Just launch the Mac App Store, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to make the purchase, and reinstall 1Password from the Purchased section.

If you never upgraded your 1Password 3 license to a 1Password 4/5/6 license and would like to do so, you can enter your version 3 license code on our Upgrade Store to see your upgrade discount & options.

Hopefully this helps, but let us know if you have more questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.