why do some vaults allow the admin to recover and some do not?

JamesHenderson
JamesHenderson
Community Member

I have a bunch of vaults on my families account.

Form the admin screen, I can see that the admin group and "manage and recover" some vaults, but only "manage" others. I cannot find a setting that allows the admin to "manager and recover" all the vaults.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: families
Referrer: forum-search:recovery

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016

Hey @JamesHenderson!

Thanks for taking the time to ask! I'd like to see what you're seeing here :) How did you get to the section of 1Password Families you're talking about? You went to the Admin Console, then where?

Thanks!

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

Hi,

from logging in (and being in the vaults screen), I wen to the admin screen and then shared vaults.

If I then click on a vault, under groups, I either see Owners and Administrators or just administrators.

When I see Owners and administrators, they only have "manage" underneath.

When I can only see just "administrators", it says "manage and recover" underneath.

• jhollington
    jhollington
    Community Member

Hmm, are you sure you're using 1Password for Families and not 1Password for Teams? The Families accounts don't have "Groups" or "Administrators" and in fact the gear icons shouldn't even show up either.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

Yes, I am on teams and waiting to get migrated to families.

...but it still doesn't make sense to me.

• @JamesHenderson, thanks for this report! I looked at your account and I can see the problem. I think I understand what's happening as well, but we'll need to figure out how to fix it.

ref: B5-1155

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

cool - glad I can help :chuffed:

• :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.