If I sync to iCloud, why can't I sign in to 1Password from any computer and use it from there?

gayemacy
gayemacy
Community Member

I tried logging into 1Password.com from my husband's iPad. It took me to agilebits.com, and from there I was stuck. If I have my master password and sync to iCloud, is there a 1Password site where I can log in and access my passwords and use from there?

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.2
OS Version: OS X El Capitan 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:If I sync to iCloud, why can't I sign in to 1Password from any computer and use it from there?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

iCloud does not support 1PasswordAnywhere, which is essentially dead anyway. You could log in to your data from any web browser if you sign up for 1Password for Families. But that won't involve iCloud.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gayemacy: Indeed, there are a few hurdles which prevent data from being accessed universally, and in this case the chief of which is that iCloud data cannot be shared between accounts or accessed outside of the apps themselves — the one exception being iCloud Drive, but even then the OS is acting as the "app" interface to the data.

But as you can imagine, being able to access 1Password in more places is something we'd very much like too...and now with 1Password for Families it is possible!

While we don't have any control over the limitations and possibilities offered by other services (such as Dropbox and iCloud), with 1Password for Families we've built it ourselves from the ground up to make it easier to access 1Password and share and manage data for ourselves and our loved ones. Be sure to check it out! It's built into the same apps we use every day, so it's "familiar" (ha!), with some new options that weren't otherwise posable with the standalone apps and 3rd party sync services (such as recovery!) :)

This discussion has been closed.