how do I find my license? I've purchased 1Password through the app store.

Options
staturefilms
staturefilms
Community Member

Hi There. we've bought 1Password 6 (and also earlier versions) through the App store. How do we find our license key? The 1Password App is now asking us to buy :)

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:sales-faq

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

@staturefilms -
    When you say you bought your license through the App Store, do you mean Apple's Mac App Store? If you do, there is no license key (or file in the case of versions after version 4). Apple ties the license to the Apple ID you used to buy your copy.

If you are now being asked to register your license, it would mean that you are running a copy of 1Passwor 6.0.2 from the AgileBIts web Store and that the 30 day free trial period is over. If your original license came through Apple, you will need to return to the Mac App Store and log in under the same Apple ID you used to buy your license originally. Then click the Purchases tab and download a copy of 1Password there. If your license came from the AgileBits web store, you can have your license resent to you by entering the email address you used to buy it near the bottom of the main 1Password support site, here.

Does this apply to you? Let us know.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @staturefilms,

Hawkmoth's reply is exactly right. Let us know if you have any further questions! We're happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.