Is there a way to disable code signature verification for Chromium only?

Options
paulypudner
paulypudner
Community Member

I'm running the SRWare Iron browser (based on Chromium v. 43.0.2300.0 (64-bit)) on a Mac (OSX 10.11.3) and have just encountered the browser code signature verification problem. Apparently the only way I can continue to use 1PW with this browser is to disable verification completely. It appears from your forum that this means defeating code sig. verifification for ALL browsers and not just Chromium.

I use two or three browsers for different purposes, but I like Iron because it gives me the convenience of Chrome while defeating Goole's intrusiveness (tracking my every move on the Internet). Please advise if you will be developing a better work-around for this issue other than disabling all browser code sig. verification.

If you are unfamiliar with SRWare Iron, you can read about it here:
http://www.srware.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=18&sid=9e0136432f80080ca6898c71acee96a8&start=25

Thanks, Paul Plummer

1Password Version: 602
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox 3.14.7
Referrer: kb:invalid-code-signature-osx

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm running the SRWare Iron browser (based on Chromium v. 43.0.2300.0 (64-bit)) on a Mac (OSX 10.11.3) and have just encountered the browser code signature verification problem. Apparently the only way I can continue to use 1PW with this browser is to disable verification completely. It appears from your forum that this means defeating code sig. verifification for ALL browsers and not just Chromium.

@paulypudner: Correct. You can either have 1Password enforce the check, or disable it. After all, it isn't possible for 1Password to say "I care if this browser is legitimate, but not others", since by definition there's no way for 1Password do determine the identity of that browser either under those circumstances.

This discussion has been closed.