Feature request: Airline Privacy Mode

jguthrie
jguthrie
Community Member

I would like to request an "airline privacy mode" whereby when using 1Password, all of the fields/data are dotted over. That way if I need to grab a password or other detail, it doesn't show all of my notes or other fields to the person(s) sitting next to me on the airplane. I'd like to tap the fields/notes I want to show instead of showing everything by default.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Airline Privacy Mode

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jguthrie: To be clear, 1Password does not show any information by default, only if you unlock the app and then choose to display item details.

That said, we can certainly consider making it possible to selectively view fields in the item details. But opening the item details is how we "opt-in" to viewing information at this time. I would be rather difficult to view the item details (and require extra steps) if we conceal them on the item you've selected in addition to all the others. And ultimately the only way to prevent someone in close quarters next to you from seeing something you don't want them to is to not view it yourself. Screen filters that limit the viewing angle are incredibly useful for privacy.

• jguthrie
    jguthrie
    Community Member

It shows notes. So if you have other details in the notes, they show up in the clear. So maybe another way to put this is to have notes fields as well be hidden too. Not every site has just the username/password and sometimes there are additional prompts for info where the only place to store that is in the notes. Hence the need to have that be hidden by default.

• Thanks for the feedback, @jguthrie! One way you could accomplish this right now is by adding a new section with a field that you set to being a "password" type field. That will cause the information you enter there to be concealed. Unfortunately though these fields are single line, so if you have multi-line information this may not display very well.

We have a page in our Mac guide that explains how to do this, and the instructions are essentially the same for iOS:

Add custom fields | 1Password 6 for Mac

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.