iPhone Can't see 1password folder in icloud

Options
ccalberti
ccalberti
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Mac

I bought the Mac Windows package and all working on Mac and PC. But iPhone app can't read 1password folder in iCloud Drive on my iPhone. I get an error message saying there is no file on the iCloud Drive. I set up the original file on the APAC then synced with the Mac successfully. However no luck syncing with iPhone app.

Comments

• Hi @ccalberti,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on the forums! Our iCloud implementation does not use the file-based part of iCloud known as iCloud Drive. Instead, it uses a part of iCloud behind the scenes called CloudKit. This means you won't (or shouldn't) have a file for your 1Password data in iCloud.

Also, CloudKit is not part of iCloud on Windows, so we can't do iCloud sync there at this time.

To me it sounds like you have a sync file stashed on iCloud Drive that you have 1Password for Windows using, and 1Password for Mac using via Folder Sync, rather than proper iCloud sync. Unfortunately, 1Password for iOS can only look at CloudKit, not iCloud Drive.

Since Windows is part of your setup, my suggestion would be to use Dropbox sync. To do this, change the sync method on Mac to Dropbox for the vault. Then, after it syncs, open 1Password for Windows and click File > Open 1Password Vault, and select the 1Password.opvault in Dropbox. On iOS, set it to use Dropbox sync, and select the 1Password.opvault there as well.

I hope this helps!

• ccalberti
    ccalberti
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I'll try this tomorrow and report back

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Be sure to let me know if you have any questions about setting it up. :)

• ccalberti
    ccalberti
    Community Member
    Options

Success. Works fine on all devices using Dropbox as you suggested.

• @ccalberti Yay! So glad to hear that. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.