Making me buy 1P 6??

Options
LT2
LT2
Community Member

Somehow I updated to 1PW 6 but thought my current license would allow me to do this without repurchase. How can I revert to my earlier version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:sales-faq, kb:purchase-verification, kb:sales-faq

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@LT2 - What version were you using before you upgraded? Upgrades from version 4 to 5 to 6 were all free to registered users, but there was a payment required to upgrade from version 3. If you have a paid license for version 4 or higher, you should definitely not need to buy anything to upgrade to version 6.

If your license is for version 3 or earlier, you may want to know that version 3 does not work well with the most recent version of OS X, 10.11.3 (El Capitan). If that is your operating system, your won't be happy if you revert to version 3. Also, be sure your upgrade came from the same source as where you purchased 1Password originally. If you do have version 3, it would have been from the AgileBits web store, but if you have version 4 or later, it could have come from AgileBits web store or from Apple through the Mac App Store.

Give a bit more information about your current 1Password license and your operating system version. Then we can point you to the best solution for your case.

• LT2
    LT2
    Community Member
    Options

I'm on Yosemite. I was using 1Password 4 and have a valid license for it from Agilebits.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

@LT2 - In that case, go to the main 1Password support site and scroll down to near the bottom. Enter the email you used to buy your license, which will get your license file resent to you. (Or you may have the required license in 1Password in the Software License category.) While 1Password is open, click on the link provided to install your license. You should then be registered. Or, if you already have that license file, you can drag the file out of 1Password to your desktop, then go to the 1Password 6 menu and select Licenses. Navigate to that file, highlight it, and click Open. You definitely do not need to buy another license.

The reason you are being asked to pay again is that your new copy of version 6 hasn't had that license applied yet. Your version 4 license is 100% identical to the file for version 6.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LT2: In case it helps, I've resent your license information via email. Be sure to follow the instructions there to register the app and you should be all set. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• LT2
    LT2
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, hawkmoth and brenty!! Worked like a champ! I'm up and fully functioning again on 1Password 6. Glad I had the iOS version on my iPad -- allowed me to fully access and modify my password items even though my Mac application was temporarily limited.

• @LT2 On behalf of hawkmoth and brenty, you're most welcome. :) Glad everything is sorted out nicely. If you have any other questions, feel free to pop in and let us know.

This discussion has been closed.