Sync problem between family members

Options
hgk
hgk
Community Member

Hi,

I just started yesterday with 1PW for Families and had no experience with 1PW before. So its possible that I missed something obvious to a more experienced user. I checked the forum but failed to find an answer to my problem:

I successfully signed up to 1PW for Families for my wife, my two sons, and for me. I created a additional vault "Mom+Dad" shared between my wife and me. When I now add entries to either the "Shared" or "Mom+Dad" they don't show up in my wife's account. She can see the new vault 'Mom+Dad' and is able to add entries. But also these entries are not visible for me.

Obviously, something is wrong with sharing. Any suggestions are very much appreciated!

Thanks!
Hans
(Please excuse my english; it's not my mother tongue...)

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hgk,

Your English seems pretty good to me! :)

Will you force 1Password to lock on both of your computers and tell me if that helps kick the sync in gear? To lock 1Password for Mac:

1. Launch 1Password.
    2. Go to the 1Password Menu.
    3. Click Lock.

Then unlock 1Password again and see if the missing items are there

Thanks so much!

• hgk
    hgk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Allen,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. It worked! We now have 1PW for families running on three macs with different accounts and we are synced. A windows machine of my son will be added this afternoon.

One thing that is not working perfectly is the Android app: When I register my team account in the app only the "Private" and the "Shared" vault show up. The additional "Mom+Dad" vault is invisible. Is there something that I can do or is this a already know bug?

Thanks
    Hans

• @hgk Glad to hear you got things up and running nicely on your computers. :) On behalf of Aleen, you're welcome.

One thing that is not working perfectly is the Android app: When I register my team account in the app only the "Private" and the "Shared" vault show up. The additional "Mom+Dad" vault is invisible. Is there something that I can do or is this a already know bug?

That's not a known issue from the sound of it, but we'll need more details to find out what's going on. First off, are you sure the member you're signed in with has access to the "Mom+Dad" vault? You can check in the Admin Console under the Vaults tab. Let us know if the member you're using has access to the vault.

• @hgk I apologize for any confusion. This is a known issue but it only just surfaced a few days ago, so the details haven't reached everyone on the team yet. We are already working on a fix though and plan to have that ready for our next beta update. If you would like to join our beta team and help us confirm the fix, we would gladly welcome you! If you're interested, please feel free to sign up here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/androidnewsletter.html

On the other hand, if you need access to those vaults now, I don't want to leave you waiting for us to publish the fix. The issue currently prevents 1Password for Android from detecting vaults that were added after you added your Families account. We can work around this issue by resetting the data in 1Password and adding your Families account again. It's a bit of a pain, but it should get you up and running with your full set of vaults. And we hope to have the fix published by the time you need to add another vault!

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions :)

• hgk
    hgk
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde Thanks for the information. I signed up for the beta program and will report here when the bug is gone.

• That's great @hgk! I look forward to having you confirm the fix and to any other feedback that you share with us! :)

• hgk
    hgk
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde I can confirm that the bug is fixed with 6.2b1 for me. Thanks!

• @hgk So glad to hear that. :) Let us know if you notice anything else, and have a great weekend.

• @hgk Thanks for confirming that the bug is squashed! That's very good news indeed :)

This discussion has been closed.