How should I use "1password for teams" within a company without access to MSStore (Windows10 LTSB)

I can download the stand alone app exclusively through the Microsoft Store (at least I haven't found another way). But this is where the problem starts. We are using Windows 10 LTSB which has no Microsoft Store at all. So there's no way for me to use the new 1 Password for teams feature in our company...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 LTSB
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ltsb

Comments

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member

@zaybon - to clarify for the 1Password folks...LTSB is the Long-Term Servicing Branch of Windows. It's a stripped-down version that's intended for conservative enterprises to run. Whereas the Current Branch (CB), which is what everyone running a retail version of Windows runs, gets regular updates, LTSB gets only minimal updates.

LTSB doesn't support the store or modern apps at all.

Assuming you have admin rights on your PC(s), you can install the desktop app version of 1Password but I'm sure you're aware that that version of the app doesn't currently support teams or families.

• Hey @zaybon. Thanks for getting in touch with us. :)

1Password for Windows beta is only available through the Microsoft Store. Since you don't have access to the Microsoft Store on your Windows device, you can access your Teams accounts using the web app.

@zendnez Thanks for the clarification on LTSB! :)

• zaybon
    zaybon
    Community Member

@zendez: Thank you for the clarification, you found the right words for what I initially wanted to say :)

@peri: I think you should definitely think about a Microsoft Store independent version of 1password for Windows 10 LTSB. It's a pity I can only use the web app.

• @zaybon as far as I know there is an option for the domain admin to setup private Store and put apps there.

@zendnez I believe it is more accurate to say (according to Microsoft) that LTSB do not offer many apps out of the box

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB installations fully support the Universal Windows Platform.

With that being said, we are investigating options and alternatives to bring 1Password to all kind of platforms. Thanks for sharing your interest in 1Password in enterprise environment!

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member

You're correct, @SergeyTheAgile. I was under the mistaken impression that the components necessary to run universal apps weren't included in that branch. Thanks for clarifying.

I still won't hold it against you if you don't support it. :)

• @zendnez On behalf of Sergey, you're welcome. :) Glad things are cleared up nicely. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.