Bonjour Files not found [please check if service is running and reinstall]

Options
Cheopey
Cheopey
Community Member
edited February 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello, I just got told there was an update for 1password, so I updated it. Following this, I wanted to sync my info because something I needed was on my phone. After this, I tried to sync and it told me I didn't have bonjour, I downloaded it again and chose remove. Following this, I redownloaded it and went on to try and sync, alas the same issue came back How do I fix this. I apologize if this has been asked many times.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise (Version 1511) OS Build (10586.105)
Sync Type: Wifi
Referrer: kb-search:Wifi Sinc, kb-search:Wifi Sync, kb:wifi-troubleshooting, ug:windows/sync-wifi, kb:wifi-troubleshooting

Comments

• Hi @Cheopey,

Thanks for writing in. We're going to get this fixed, together.

Can you please reboot your PC, open the Task Manager (for example using the shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and check if a process called mDNSresponder.exe is running? If so, then Bonjour is installed an running.

If it's present but you still can't sync, then maybe something is wrong with the settings in Windows itself. In that case, I'd like you to try the steps outlined in our knowledge base article Wi-Fi sync not working and check if it helps.

If the Bonjour service is not present, please try redownloading it like you did before, then reboot your PC and attempt another Wi-Fi sync.

Thanks and have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.