I can't get my Ipad to sync to my drop box.

kujerry
kujerry
Community Member

I am trying to get my iPad to link with dropbox so I can check it with my android device. I have search the forms and tried other people have said but it is still not working I really want to use this password app

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016

@kujerry: Sorry for the confusion! Just follow these steps:

1. Disable sync on 1Password for iOS (if you've already enabled it)
    2. Install 1Password for Android, and select I’m new to 1Password to create a new vault
    3. Go into Settings > Sync and enable Sync
    4. Select Sync using Dropbox, and give Dropbox permission
    5. If there are no .agilekeychain vaults in Dropbox, 1Password will create the new one at /Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain
      If an .agilekeychain already exists in Dropbox, 1Password for Android will not prompt to create a new .agilekeychain. Instead, it will ask to sync with the existing vault. In this case, rename existing .agilekeychain vaults in Dropbox with a different extension (for example, .agilebackup — this can be done on a computer, or through the Dropbox website). Then configure sync on Android again, and 1Password for Android will create the new vault: /Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain
    6. Once 1Password for Android completes creating the new vault and Dropbox is finished syncing, enable Dropbox sync again in 1Password for iOS and select the new vault: /Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain
      If 1Password for Android gives the error "No Downloads found", create a new test item on 1Password for iOS, use Settings > Vaults > Sync Now, and then pull down to trigger sync on Android as well. That should get everything back on track.
    7. 1Password for iOS may warn that there is a vault mismatch. Tap More Info and then Merge to combine the data from the internal database in 1Password for iOS with the 1Password for Android .agilekeychain vault in Dropbox

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• kujerry
    kujerry
    Community Member

Thanks for the help, but I followed your directions and I still can't get it to work I must be doing something wrong my iPad just sits there and the sink just keep trying to sync in sync with no error message

• Sorry to hear about the continued trouble. :( To get a better idea of what may be going on 'under the hood,' I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.