Field 'Search' in 1Password on Mac is not looking for tags

Options
mac1
mac1
Community Member

I have a question about the functionality of 1Password (version 6.0.2) for the MacBook Pro (El Capitan 10.11.3). Question: In the field Search how do I enter a search tag to the application searched all tags? iPhone 5S it works great! In 1Password for iPhone box "Search" is divided into "Search in titles" and "Search All". In Search menu I type anything labeled tag applications and 1Password shows me these entries concerned tag. In 1Password for MBP does not have this feature, and as I type on a MBP tag which does not show any entry. What to do? Is there a feature at all in 1Password on the Mac?

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@mac1 go to 1Password 6 > Edit > Find > Show Search Options and click on the second dropdown (which will probably default to Title) and choose Tag.

Stephen

• mac1
    mac1
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C Thank you! Apparently it solves and shows the answer to my question but definitely it is not as friendly and simple as the solution to the iPhone.
    I am not satisfied. It's hard. Interesting that anyone from users do not mind... On iPhone is a much better solution "Search" option.

• Hi @mac1,

There is similar functionality in the Mac app as well. If you search for your tag, at the bottom of the search list, there is a button "Expand Search To All Fields" that will then search everything, as in iOS.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.