How do I apply an existing license number to my new installation of 1password?

Options
lilliandignan
lilliandignan
Community Member

I purchased a license in 2012 that is still current. However, I just needed to uninstall my old version of 1password and install a new one to get a complete update. Now, the program is prompting me to "purchase a license." How can I apply my existing license to the new version of the program?

When I go to "add a license" in my program, it prompts me to upload a file. I don't have a file for my license, just a number.

Please advise. Thank you!

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:sales-faq

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@lilliandignan -
    Your current license is for 1Password 3. It is indeed still current for that version, but version 4 required an upgrade payment, which you will need to make to get a new license for version 6. All versions since 4 was released have been free, so far. Version 3 does not work well with OS X 10.11.3, which you report you are using.

You can see what your discounted upgrade price will be by entering your version 3 license key on the upgrades page in the AgileBits web store. The direct link to do that is found here.

Note also that the license key for version 3 has been replaced by a license file. Instructions for installing it will come with the email that acknowledges your upgrade purchase.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lilliandignan: Indeed, hawkmoth is right on. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• lilliandignan
    lilliandignan
    Community Member
    Options

Got it! Happy to get the upgrade and kinda crazy that I managed to go this long without being forced to do so yet... Glad I'll be re-secure and up to date! Thank you both for your help... Cheers!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Frankly, I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying 1Password for a long time! That's what we aim for. Thanks for the update, and your continued support. We couldn't do what we do without you and the rest of our awesome customers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.