can't sync, no place to purchase, need help!

Options
pamelarns
pamelarns
Community Member

just downloaded app for both my android and windows 10 laptop. I can't get the android to sync; when I click on sync in the laptop, i'm asked to download a strange program. I can't access any of my websites/apps that I've password protected on my laptop, on my phone. And no number to call. I have no idea what to do and no phone number to call anyone. This is insane. Is there any way to talk to a real person??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:1password, kb-search:support phone number, kb:contact-us, kb-search:can't sync to my android, kb-search:contact customer support

Comments

• pamelarns
    pamelarns
    Community Member
    Options

the app i'm asked to download from the desktop version is for mac, i have a pc running windows 10

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

when I click on sync in the laptop, i'm asked to download a strange program.

@pamelarns: Sorry for the confusion! In order to use Wi-Fi Sync, you don't need to download a "strange program"; rather, on a PC, 1Password will prompt you to install Bonjour for Windows, which is what 1Password uses to allow your devices to discover each other on the network. This is not Mac software (which won't work on Windows), as Bonjour is built into OS X, which is why it isn't necessary to install it there.

Once you install Bonjour, your devices should be able to see each other on the network. But if something is blocking the connection, just follow the steps in this guide to check your network setup and let me know what you find. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.