Should my 1password Chrome extension be different on my Mac verus my PC?

I prefer the 1password Chrome extension on my Mac. I have verified I have the most current extension for Chrome on both devices. Can I get the Mac version of the extension to work on my PC which runs Chrome Version 48.0.2564.116 m? I would assume they are related to Chrome not the OS.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.4.6
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Should my 1password Chrome extension be different on my Mac verus my PC?

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@femich The extension for Chrome runs on both Mac and Windows versions of Chrome. The UI will appear different because it's not actually part of the extension; it's a native process providing a native UI to fit in with your system. But the same extension will work on both platforms.

Thanks!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• femich
    femich
    Community Member

Thanks. If there a way for the windows extension to show the letters you are typing as you are typing them in the extension?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@femich I'm not sure what you're describing. 1Password uses standard password field controls for asking you for passwords and relies on the system's behavior. For instance, on iOS, this does show the last character you typed in a password field temporarily as a way for you to confirm you password characters as you enter them and before they turn into •, but as far as I know, there isn't any such feature on Mac or Windows. Is that what you mean or is it something else?

This discussion has been closed.