The Autolock on my Chrome browser has stopped working correctly

The Autolock does not work properly in Chrome. Under 1Password Security settings I have all 5 boxes under Autolock ticked now (earlier I had the first three ticked, and I thought it might make a difference if I ticked them all - it has not). Once I have opened 1password app in Chrome, it should lock after the 20 minute period of computer inactivity. It does not. If I close the browser with the 1Password app open, it should lock (last box under Security Preferences), but on restarting Chrome again it is open. I can lock it of course manually. Under the Browsers preference in 1Password, I have neither of the two boxes ticked. I am running Windows 8. I am running apparently the up to date 1Password 4.6.0.604

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: Windows8
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Auto Lock on browser not working

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hdsoawhdhagf: I'm not seeing any strange behaviour with the Chrome extension myself. It sounds like you may simply want 1Password to lock when you close the browser. You can configure this in 1Password Preferences > Security > Lock when web browser is closed. Otherwise, with the default settings, 1Password should not be locking while you're active. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• hdsoawhdhagf
    hdsoawhdhagf
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, Thanks for your reply. No it was not only that the extension was not locking when I closed Chrome, but it was not locking after 20 minutes of computer inactivity. On rebooting, the 1Password extension in Chrome was still open (this is not so good). Today it is working fine......The computer was not shut down overnight, just in hibernation. I have no idea why it is working today, but I am happy with the current outcome. If it gives any more hassles, I'll leave another note. Thanks again for your response.

• hdsoawhdhagf
    hdsoawhdhagf
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,

I spoke too soon. If I open 1 Password in Chrome (and not the 1Password program), and then close Chrome and reopen again, the 1Password app is still open in Chrome. As I said in my first post, I do have the "lock when web browser is closed" ticked in preferences. Currently, it seems to lock after 20 minutes of computer inactivity though, which is fine

• Hey @hdsoawhdhagf,

Thanks for letting us know about this. That's a very strange error and could point to a regression in the app.
    I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.