Trouble with sync for Mac!

Options
fatihcekic
fatihcekic
Community Member

Hello, I can not sync the 1Password app both Dropbox and iCloud for Mac OS X El Capitan. I took a screenshot from my Mac, as you see the sync and Wi-Fi tab don't seen so I can not sync the 1Password with Dropbox or iCloud. What should I do?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud and Dropbox
Referrer: kb:icloud-troubleshooting, kb:icloud-enable-in-system-preferences, kb:icloud-faq, kb:switch-to-wifi, kb:icloud-troubleshooting

Comments

• fatihcekic
    fatihcekic
    Community Member
    Options

I sent the other screenshots, may be they will be related with the issue.

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @fatihcekic! Sorry for the confusion there. It looks like you have a 1Password for Teams account set up, which means all your data is there. If you'd like to create a local vault to sync, just click the Enable Personal Vaults button on the Advanced tab of Preferences, which you posted a screenshot of. The Sync tab will then appear. I'm curious as to why you'd prefer to sync your data with something other than Teams, though. All our platform support it. :)

• fatihcekic
    fatihcekic
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, first thank you for your reply. I think to use the 1Password as a personally not a team and not share anyone so should I use to continue the 1Password as a Team like now or change my setup as the personal? What is your opinion? Can I share and sync my passwords with iPhone or Android mobile phone without using iCloud and Dropbox? Is it automatically save the passwords for every devices?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fatihcekic,

I think to use the 1Password as a personally not a team and not share anyone so should I use to continue the 1Password as a Team like now or change my setup as the personal?

Although it's called "1Password for Teams", it also works well for teams of one - so you can certainly continue to use 1Password with your Teams account, even if you don't plan on sharing vaults with anyone else. Your Teams account includes a vault which is just for you, and isn't shared with anyone else, even if there are other members on your team. (It's also called a "Personal" vault, but is different than the "Personal Vaults" option you see in the advanced preferences.)

If you'd rather just have a local vault that syncs via iCloud or Dropbox, you can certainly do that by clicking the 'Enable Personal Vaults' button in the advanced preferences. In fact, you can have a local vault in the 1Password app at the same time as the vault(s) from your Teams account, so you can try both kinds of vaults if you'd like. A local vault will be separate from your Teams account.

Can I share and sync my passwords with iPhone or Android mobile phone without using iCloud and Dropbox?

The easiest way to have all your 1Password data on your Mac, iOS, and Android devices is to use your Teams account, because all you need to do is sign into that account from the 1Password app on each device.

If you have local vaults that you want to sync between your devices, you can do that via iCloud Sync, Dropbox Sync, or Wi-Fi Sync. Please note that Wi-Fi Sync works between a single computer and one or more iOS/Android devices, but won't work between multiple Mac/Windows computers.

Is it automatically save the passwords for every devices?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean - are you asking if the data you save in 1Password on one device will sync to 1Password on another device? If so, the answer is yes, as long as you're using one of the sync options I mentioned, or if you're using a Teams account on each device.

Please let us know if you have more questions about any of that! :)

• fatihcekic
    fatihcekic
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hello, thank you very much for your answer. I just want to learn that do you offer two plans as a personal and team or you have only one plan? Did I choose the wrong plan as selected the team plan? Because I want to use this app personally not team or share someone.

The last question above, yes if I save my passwords in the my Desktop app, can I use them on my mobile phone without using the iCloud or Dropbox sync?

My last question is about if I do ''enable personal vaults'' can I undo this process?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fatihcekic,

I just want to learn that do you offer two plans as a personal and team or you have only one plan? Did I choose the wrong plan as selected the team plan? Because I want to use this app personally not team or share someone.

We recently announced 1Password for Families, which is similar to 1Password for Teams but might be a better fit for you (even if you only plan to use 1Password yourself). We don't currently have an option to convert a Teams account to a Families account, but our developers are working on that, so you'll be able to do that at some point if you want to.

There are a lot of great features in a 1Password for Teams or 1Password for Families subscription, even if you don't plan on sharing vaults with anyone. One benefit is that a Teams or Families subscription allows you to use the 1Password apps on all platforms at no additional charge, and all future updates are included with every active subscription.

Another great feature of Teams/Families accounts is that you can view, edit, and add items from any browser. The web app lets you access your data even if you're away from your main devices.

This knowledgebase article should help to explain a bit more about all that: What do I need to purchase to use 1Password on all my devices?

The last question above, yes if I save my passwords in the my Desktop app, can I use them on my mobile phone without using the iCloud or Dropbox sync?

Thanks for clarifying that! The answer is 'Yes'. If you have a Teams or Families subscription, that will keep your 1Password data up to date on your Mac, iOS, and Android devices without needing to use iCloud or Dropbox. If you don't have a Teams or Families subscription, you can use Wi-Fi Sync, which syncs your 1Password data over your local network without using a cloud service like Dropbox or iCloud.

My last question is about if I do ''enable personal vaults'' can I undo this process?

Yes, although it will take a few extra steps. Currently, you have 1Password for Mac setup in what we call "Teams-only mode". If you use the option to enable personal vaults, but then want to go back to "Teams-only mode", you'll need to reset 1Password on your Mac by following our starting over steps, and then set it up by signing into your Teams account again.

If you have more questions, you know where to find us! ;)

• fatihcekic
    fatihcekic
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot for you assistance. I am very pleased of your answers and helpful solutions. :)

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad you found a solution @fatihcekic

This discussion has been closed.