1Password asks to update login on sites in the exception list when using multiple subdomains

Options

I use multiple subdomains on a site with different logins. When I log in, 1Password always asks if I want to update the existing login. It's always the same one, whether I'm on that subdomain or not (it's not marked as a favorite, but it's the first alphabetically which may be why). E.g. I log in to abc.test.com, and it asks me to update my login for that domain; I log in to def.test.com, and it still asks me to update my login for abc.test.com. I'm using the autofill, so nothing about the credentials has changed.

I have lenient URL matching disabled, but this doesn't seem to help (I also always see all options in the dropdown when filling). I've also added these subdomains to the autosave exclusion list to no avail.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:exception list not honored

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @heidislater. Thanks for your post. It sounds like perhaps 1Password thinks the login page you're on is a change password form. Could you let us know the URL of the page so we can take a look? This sounds very similar to the issue we were seeing with Okta login forms a while back, which should be fixed in the current beta and should be hitting the stable channels fairly soon.

Thanks!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• heidislater
    heidislater
    Community Member
    Options

That is in fact the site I'm using. It hadn't occurred to me that it was specific to Okta. Do I just need the beta Chrome extension, or is there a beta for the desktop app as well? I recall hitting this in the beta extension as well but I can try again.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@heidislater If you just install the beta of the Chrome extension, that should get things working for you. Let us know if you have any other issues.

• heidislater
    heidislater
    Community Member
    Options

It works, thanks! By the way, not sure if this was already the method you took when debugging but you can sign up for a free Okta developer account in case the login form changes again: https://www.okta.com/developer/signup/

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! I'm glad that worked for you, @heidislater!

This discussion has been closed.