can I use 1password and 2FA for paypal

Options
tcol062
tcol062
Community Member

I want to enable 2FA for paypal and I want to use 1Password. how can I do that? Paypal wants me to have a VIP device.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:paypal 2fa

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@tcol062

Yes you can, just use your cell phone as I do for the device. I don't recall the exact procedure to enable it.

So it leaves you submitting a password via the 1Password app, then Paypal asks for verification through the vip device. You receive the code and finish the login.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tcol062: I hope you don' mind, but I've moved this discussion to Lounge since it doesn't pertain to 1Password for Families, and is a platform-agnostic multi factor authentication question.

To be clear, it isn't possible for 1Password to generate TOTP codes for services that don't support the standard and use their own proprietary mechanism for this. So while you can use 1Password to store your PayPal login credentials (or Battle.net, Steam, and iCloud, to name a few others) and fill them for you when logging in, in these cases the one-time password is sent to your phone, so 1Password can't be involved directly. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.