return to "old" 1Password license

Options
frggle
frggle
Community Member

How can I return from a team-license to the "old" license and transfer my vaults?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.11
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @frggle! I can definitely help you out with switching back to using 1Password as a standalone app. Where did you originally purchase the app? If you got it from the Mac App Store and are still using that copy, all you need to do is move your data back to your primary and/or secondary vaults locally. If you got it from the AgileBits Store, just launch the app and click the 1Password menu, then click License. If nothing is applied, you can request your license here and apply it.

Once you've got the licensing matter sorted out, moving things is the same as the process of moving them originally. Migrate to a Family or Team account is probably the article you followed to get things moved over. To move them back, follow the same steps but choose the local vaults you want to move your data to instead of the ones in your Teams account.

Lastly, I'm curious about why you'd like to switch back to the local version of things. Is there anything you'd like to see improved in Teams for your use case? :) Let us know!

This discussion has been closed.