Remove old Dropbox vault

Options
ryansebiz
ryansebiz
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Business and Teams

I'm trying to switch over from Dropbox to 1Password For Teams.

I followed the Migrate to a Family or Team account article and am unable to remove my old Dropbox vault (named "Primary") from 1Password Mac 6. Here's what I've done:

• Backed up my vault
  • In preferences I signed into my teams account
  • Copied my "Primary" vault to my Teams "Personal" vault
  • Under "All Vaults" > "Vaults included" I unchecked "Primary" ("Personal" and "Shared" are both checked)
  • "Vault for Saving" is set to "Personal"
  • Under "Sync" I have changed "Sync Primary vault with Dropbox" to "None"

However, the "Primary" vault still appears under the menu bar "1Password 6" > "Switch to Vault" > "Primary". How can I remove it from 1Password 6?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Teams
Referrer: kb:teams-admin-recovery, kb:teams-families-setup, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• ryansebiz
    ryansebiz
    Community Member
    Options

P.S. I can't delete my Dropbox vault because I still need it for my Windows 7 machine.

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @ryansebiz! I just responded to your other thread, so it's nice to see you again. :wink: You're correct that it's not possible to remove the Primary vault at the moment. You can, however, do so by simply starting over and signing into your Teams account at the beginning of things. I'd recommend following the guide for starting over. You'll have a backup of things on your Desktop just in case something goes awry. We're hoping to add a simple way to disable local vaults in the future, so you can also wait for that if you'd like. Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.