1Password.opvault vs. 1Password.agilekeychain - Android not syncing with Dropbox 1Password File

Options
bstutzman
bstutzman
Community Member

I'm able to sync with 1Password to my dropbox. Doing so creates a 1Password.opvault file. But when I try to sync my Android phone it doesn't recognize the 1Password.opvault file. If I override the .opvault with .agilekeychain Android will recognize it but will not open the file.

How can I use Dropbox to sync 1Password with my Android phone? Or do I need to switch everything over to .agilekeychain? If so, how can I do that?

Thank you!
Brent

• PS you might want to update your Android Userguide but it was very confusing for me as a Mac/Dropbox user.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 1Password Version 6.0.2 (602005) Mac App Store
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: ug:android/existing-user, ug:android/premium-features, ug:android/, kb-search:android, kb:dropbox-error-vault-not-found

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @bstutzman. :)

1Password on Android doesn't currently have support for syncing the OPVault format for Dropbox and local storage. Instead, it uses the AgileKeychain format for those sync methods at the moment.

Wi-Fi sync uses an internal version of the OPVault format, so if you wish to avoid using AgileKeychain right now, you can switch over to Wi-Fi sync on your Android device and switch to OPVault format on other platforms.

Otherwise, I recommend switching to AgileKeychain to sync using Dropbox. You can find instructions for doing so here:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/58141/current-sync-options-in-1password-for-android#latest

Let me know if that helps! Thanks!

• bstutzman
    bstutzman
    Community Member
    Options

That did the trick! Thank you for the quick response and the link!

• saad
    Options

Great to hear that worked for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.