moving data from 1Password Free to 1Password Pro

Options
gtculbreth
gtculbreth
Community Member

I just upgraded from the 1password free version to the 1Password Pro version on my iPhone and after the update I have two1Passwords the free and the pro. The Pro version does not have my data and I would like to move the data from the Free to the Pro. I followed a procedure I found on the internet but it must be old because in iTunes I do not see a File Sharing category or option and stated in the procedure.

on my iPhone I have the latest version in the App store. I cannot see where to lookup the version in the app
I also have the latest version on iTunes

Any help would be excellent.

Also I did not know there was a Windows version. Would this mean I can have 1Password on my Laptop and sync with the iPhones version?

Thanks
Travis...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:windows/, ug:windows/quick-start, ug:windows/, kb-search:update 1password pro with my data, kb:legacy-ios-backup-restore

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure about upgrading to "Pro", it was different back in the day when I got it for my iPhone. As for Windows, yes you can sync to it from your iPhone. I use Dropbox to sync and that will work across platforms, and I think WiFi syncing works too for this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I just upgraded from the 1password free version to the 1Password Pro version on my iPhone and after the update I have two1Passwords the free and the pro. The Pro version does not have my data and I would like to move the data from the Free to the Pro.

@gtculbreth: Sorry for the confusion! While it isn't clear to me from your description exactly what steps you're taking, I'll clarify the "Pro" situation, since it might help: the only way to "upgrade" from the free version of 1Password for iOS is by doing the in-app purchase for Pro Features. The app stays the same; your data stays the same; this simply unlocks additional features within the app you're already using.

However, since you didn't include any of the requested information at the bottom of your post, I wonder if you're using a very old version of iOS and/or 1Password (since you looking at the backup/restore process for version 3, which has long since been discontinued), which could be part of the source of confusion. If you're upgrading from an old copy of the app to the latest version, you'll need to follow this guide to migrate your data:

Migrating from 1Password 3 (iOS)

I followed a procedure I found on the internet but it must be old because in iTunes I do not see a File Sharing category or option and stated in the procedure.
    on my iPhone I have the latest version in the App store. I cannot see where to lookup the version in the app
    I also have the latest version on iTunes
    Any help would be excellent.

The current version (6) of 1Password for iOS requires iOS 9 and does include a backup/restore feature which uses iTunes File Sharing (requiring a recent version of iTunes as well). You can find the version in 1Password Settings.

Also I did not know there was a Windows version. Would this mean I can have 1Password on my Laptop and sync with the iPhones version?

Indeed. You can use Dropbox or Wi-Fi Sync between the current versions of 1Password for Windows and 1Password for iOS:

1Password sync options

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.