A just set up a family account. Can I change the domain name?

Options
benutzer
benutzer
Community Member

When I set up my user name, it was automatically complemented by the word "family", in my case "family-gpfl". I should like to use a shorter name, simply gpfl. Can I change this domain name und the account url?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can I change the domain name?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@benutzer - There were a couple of other users who asked to shorten the required minimum family name length from the current five characters to four. I don't know what the chances are of doing that (I don't work for AgileBits), but if it is possible to change the URL name, you're probably going to have to think of one with at least five character at this point.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2016
    Options

Currently the minimum length of an account URL is 5 characters. Thanks!

Ben

• benutzer
    benutzer
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, no problem. And how can I change the name?

• Hi @benutzer

You can change the name of your family account in the Admin Console > Settings. There is a pencil there beside the account name, and clicking that pencil will allow you to change the name.

This will not update the URL (domain) of the account, just the name of the account. If you also want the account's URL changed then we would need to help you do so. In that case you would need to email us at support@1password.com using the email you used when signing up for your account and provide the requested URL. As long as that URL has not yet been taken (and meets the 5 character length limit) then we can get it changed for you.

This discussion has been closed.