Simultaneous Microphone Access

Options
Uzair
Uzair
Community Member

We were developing a Skype Recorder for Android and got struck in the issue of simultaneous access of microphone by our app and Skype as Android does not allow two apps to access the microphone.

After reading some articles it seems that iPhone allows simultaneous access of microphone by two apps as many apps are available that do recording for Skype.

I want to find out is our assumption is correct that Android does not allow while iPhone does allow simultaneous microphone access?

Please note that on desktop system we were able to record Skype test call as Windows desktop allows shared microphone access.

Thanking you very much.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@Uzair -
    This is a forum for support of users of 1Password. I think you're likely to need to find a more appropriate place for your question. 1Password doesn't even access the microphone, let alone have provisions for accessing it while another application is already doing so. Perhaps one of the Apple discussion forums dealing with iPhones would be more helpful.

In any case, I moved your post from the iOS section to the Lounge, which is the place for general discussion. I trust you won't mind.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Uzair: I'm not sure that anyone here has that kind of expertise (1Password doesn't access the microphone at all), but given the broad range of people out there I suppose it's possible that someone might know.

Anecdotally, I've never been able to use two apps that access the microphone (or speakers) simultaneously on iOS either. I suspect that both platforms limit this for performance reasons, but I couldn't say for certain.

• Uzair
    Uzair
    Community Member
    Options

Dear All,

Thanks for your reply. But I have seen that there are many Skype recorders available for iPhone and this seems to me that simultaneous microphone access is possible. But again I am also not sure that's why I want to confirm this.

Thanks again everybody.

Uzair Lakhani

• Good luck with your research @Uzair! I hope you find the forums that can help you with your investigations:)

This discussion has been closed.