access deny to a frame in other domain

I am trying to login to my bank account using ie8 to the following link:
https://www.bank-yahav.co.il/poalimlogin.asp

I am receiving an error message as follows:
1Password has encountered a problem.
Internet Explorer is denying access to a <frame> because it is on some other domain.

Please advise.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, Yoni!

Some site coders embed the login form in another page, using an HTML construct called a <frame>. If they also load the content of the login form from a URL in which the domain is different from the domain of the encompassing web page, Internet Explorer prevents 1Password from performing the little bit of script by which it saves and fills your login credentials.

At this time, the only solution is to use one of the other supported browsers, Firefox or Chrome, to log in to such sites. Neither of those browsers is as restrictive regarding "cross-domain scripting."

We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Yoni
    edited February 2011
    Thank you for the warm welcome and quick answer.
    I didn't mention though, that Roboform does login to that web site. Therefore I guess it has something to do with 1Pass?..
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    As I understand it, Yoni, it's the scripting (and only in these cross-domain situations) that Internet Explorer is objecting to; so I can only guess that Roboform isn't using any scripting to populate the fields and submit the form.
  • safetyman
    safetyman
    Community Member
    What happens when other browsers start limiting cross-domain scripting?!
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    They won't. And even when they do, it would affect only a limited number of websites out there.
  • theetron
    theetron
    Community Member
    I had this error too today.

It was on the site: http://www.clevercow.nl

I have to browse to the login page to use the key combination to login, and this works fine if I use the above url.
    Today however I did not type the www. in front of the page, so I went to http://clevercow.nl Now if I go to the login page and I enter the keystroke to automatic login, I receive the <frame> error.

Regards,
    Erik
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    theetron wrote:

I had this error too today.

I guess we should make this problem with IE look somewhat less like 1Password has crashed and there is an error. In reality, there really isn't an error. It is a limitation with IE.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    theetron wrote:

I had this <frame> error too today.

Hi, Erik.

As Stefan says, it's not an error (except, perhaps, in the decision by Microsoft not to allow cross-domain scripting of this kind ;)) but simply a report by 1Password of that decision, so you'll know why 1Password can't fill in the saved Login information.

Normally, we suggest using Firefox or Chrome on such sites, but you might get lucky with the auto-type feature.

I hope that helps.
  • theetron
    theetron
    Community Member
    I understand. I'll use the autotype here. No problem.

Regards
    Erik
  • Oh, that's what that button is for!:oops:

Cool, it also works with capitalone.com
This discussion has been closed.