How to change team login password?

Options
ntimo
ntimo
Community Member

Hello,
I just changed the password of my 1PW for teams account via the mac app. And now the sync on Android fails. But when I try to click the change password option in the settings page of the app or the remove account option. It says not yet implanted? So I assume that I would have to delete the app data and completely restup 1PW. Is there any way around this?

1Password Version: 6.1-beta 2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: 1PW for Teams, Dropbox

Comments

• RafaelS
    RafaelS
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello ntimo,
    You are correct, currently there is no way to update the password on the Android version. This is a feature that will be available soon. At this time you would need to remove your teams information and add it back in with your updated password.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@Rafael.S Yes I know. But even the remove team button does not work. It gives me the same message as the update password button.
    @dteare is this a but?

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde Is it a bug that I can't remove a team account with the remove button? Because it says not yet implemented.

• @ntimo There isn't currently a way to change your 1Password for Teams account password aside from clearing your 1Password data in Settings > Apps > 1Password. We're working on getting both the change password and remove account features implemented in an upcoming update. In the meantime, sorry for the inconvenience of needing to clear the app data!

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde No problem. It was just like I saw this buttons some time ago and than had to delte the account because I changed the password. And when I hit it and read the message I was really kind of confused and thought it would be a bug because why adding the buttons without them having a function. But now that you confirmed its not yet available I can have a save sleep :pirate:

• Thanks @ntimo! Glad to save you some sleep. Soon we'll be able to save you the extra effort by implementing those buttons too ;)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde will this be part of the 6.2 version?

• @ntimo I'm not going to commit to a version number at this time, but let's just say that they're getting closer to the top of the list ;)

• What I've personally been doing is removing the entire app and reinstalling. This is because I'm typically testing the new user experience so I never even thought to click the remove button in settings! I'm laughing as I type this but I actually didn't even notice it was there until just now! :P

And you're right! Tapping the damn thing does nothing!

/me "shakes fist at @mverde!"

• mverde
    edited February 2016
    Options

@ntimo I think you just successfully bumped the change password button higher up on the list ;)

/me "placates @dteare by showing him the list"

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

@mverde Iam sorry for that. What do you mean with: /me "placates @dave by showing him the list". And yes I don't know how the quotes feature work :silenced: And did you mean dtreate and typed dave?

• @ntimo Yes, that was a typo on my part. I definitely meant it to be @dteare and I've changed it above. After all, if I want the fist shaking to stop, he needs to get the mention ;)

• @ntimo: Verde simply meant that when I get really passionate and say we need something right away, he gets excited too and wants to jump in with both feet. But he is very wise. Before he jumps in, he pulls out a list of other things I am very passionate about and asks if my new feature takes precedence over the items on that list.

It's a sobering reminder that it takes a while to implement these ideas and I have to help do my part to prioritize things. There are a ton of things I really want (like Shared Vaults, OPVault support, etc), but they have to be balanced with many other priorities and technological challenges as well.

We'll get there :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde Will the feature to remove an existing teams account come to version 6.2 as well? As the change password option.

• saad
    Options

@ntimo I can’t make that promise yet, but we are getting very close. It’s being tested internally. :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@saad I think when you test it internally it will defently be in this beta :pirate:

• saad
    Options

hehe! There’s a good possibility if testing goes well. ;)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@saad can't wait for it :) I hope there is going to be a beta this week ;) also saad so you know anything about document support? For teams?

• mverde
    Options

@ntimo Document support is something that is definitely on our roadmap - the list that I was referring to earlier ;) There are a few other features and improvements that need to come first, but it's something that we've got our eyes on. That's about all the detail I can provide right now though.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde Sounds very very nice, can't wait to see it in 6.2 or 6.3 (what is more likely?) ;) It would make the 1Pw for teams experience perfect for me :+1: I really love 1Pw for Teams so far and to use it on my 6P really makes me happy very day. Can't wait to see all my documents on Android. What do you mean with these features that need to come first :dizzy: (Sorry for always asking this question)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde Thx for the working remove account button. Haven't tested it yet but will maybe do so sometime :dizzy:

• saad
    Options

@ntimo Thank you for the kind words! I also like to see support for the documents feature in 1Password for Android. Trust me, we are eager to work on these features, but there is a long internal list of things we want to prioritize before we can work on this particular one.

It would be great if you can test the account removal process when you get a chance. Thank you for being so awesome! :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@saad I will test it give me 10 minutes.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@saad Works perfect like it should :)

• saad
    Options

Wow! That was fast @ntimo :) Thank you for confirming that for us. Glad to hear it's working as expected.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde Is it normal that after re adding the account Iam not getting a mail saying that someone accessed my account? No problem Iam happy to help. Iam also trying to translate the app to german somehow :dizzy:

• saad
    Options

@ntimo When you first sign into your account using a new device, we register the device. When a new device is registered under your account, you get an email indicating your account was signed in using this new device. If you sign in again using a registered device, you won’t get another email about the sign in. That’s why you didn’t get an email after removing your account. :)

You can view all of your registered devices on your Teams page under My Profile. With that said, we like to make improvements to how devices are handled in Teams. You can expect more from this area in the future.

Also, let us know if you face any problems with translating in CrowdIn. Thanks for your help. :)

• mverde
    Options

@saad thanks for jumping in and answering those questions for me! @ntimo thanks for your help with the German translations! Thanks all around :)

This discussion has been closed.