New Feature Suggestion - "Alert user with security audit information when using Logins"

Options
PunKeel
PunKeel
Community Member
edited March 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello there,

I'm using 1Password daily and have been using the same password over and over. Now it's too late to change it manually, but I think (here comes the suggestion !) that 1Password could remind me This password should be changed..

Even better, it could be amazing to mark a password as invalid, or even "dead" (found by someone else, for instance?).

I know using the same password over and over is against the idea of "1Password", but am I the only one who was doing it and now regrets it? I don't think so.

Regards!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@PunKeel - Perhaps I minsudnerstand, but I wonder if you've found the Security Audit in the sidebar of 1Password? If you click to the right of that items to show the contents, it will have an item that shows you all of your duplicate passwords. Those all need to be changed.

• PunKeel
    PunKeel
    Community Member
    Options

@hawkmoth I saw it, but the list is too long to be manually checked ... and my suggestion is basically to warn me when I visit a website with an old/unsafe password (simple red dot on the addon's icon, for instance ?)

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PunKeel I think what you're describing would be pretty cool as well! Right now, the way 1Password works isn't conducive to this feature, but we do have some architectural changes we want to make in the near future that should make such a feature possible. We'll certainly keep this in mind as we make improvements going forward. In the meantime, Watchtower and Security Audit are your best bets.

This discussion has been closed.