Touch ID unlocks my phone but is unrecognizable to 1Pass. No error. No nothing.

Options
ali_selim
ali_selim
Community Member

Touch ID works on my iPhone to unlock the phone and make purchases with Apple Pay, iTunes, etc. But when I have Touch ID enabled on 1Pass, it doesn't even recognize that I'm trying to unlock the 1Pass app. No response, no error, no nothing.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Touch ID works to unlock my phone but is unrecognizable to 1Pass.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@ali_selim as your post relates to 1P for iOS I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P for iOS forum where you will get more help.

Please tell us:

In the meantime, does this excerpt from the user guide help?

Touch ID

This knowledge base article also has useful information:

Touch ID FAQs (1Password for iOS)

Stephen

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @ali_selim

Thanks for taking the time to write in. In addition to what Stephen said, this may seem like a silly question, but are you touching the Touch ID sensor (home button) or the screen when trying to unlock 1Password? I ask as I had a customer recently who thought he was supposed to be putting his finger on the screen where the fingerprint image is, instead of on the home button. Unfortunately that won't work. The only part of the device that reads fingerprints is the home button.

Please let us know.

Ben

• ali_selim
    ali_selim
    Community Member
    Options

thanks stephen_c and bwoodruff. Using version 6.2.1. And, yes, I know to touch the home button, not the screen image. But my wife keeps trying the screen where the fingerprint image is and is convinced I am wrong. But, no, that is not the problem.

• ali_selim
    ali_selim
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I missed the question about OS. I'm using 6.0.1

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @ali_selim. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• ali_selim
    ali_selim
    Community Member
    Options

Problem solved, thanks to Laura. Thank you.

• ali_selim
    ali_selim
    Community Member
    Options

Or, rather it was a confusion on my part, not a problem.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @ali_selim. Glad to hear you've got things sorted out!

Ben

• sjabey
    sjabey
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - I too am experiencing the same issue. My touch Id is no longer working. Similar to ali_selim, I am touching the home button, not the sensor icon below the master password login and nothing happens. I have touch id enabled in the application and also went through the steps I saw in another thread: turn off the feature in both the ios setting and application, turn off and restart my phone, enable touch id feature in ios settings and application. Thoughts?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sjabey,

Are you still able to unlock the phone with Touch ID? What about other Touch ID enabled apps?

Ben

• sjabey
    sjabey
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - I can unlock my phone with Touch ID. I don't use Touch ID with any other apps.

• Ben
    Options

That sounds like there's some kind of configuration issue between iOS and 1Password.

Try resetting the fingerprint data for Touch ID to see if it will respond quicker:

1. First, turn off Touch ID in 1Password. Unlock 1Password on your iOS devices, go to Settings > Security and turn off Touch ID.
    2. Launch the Settings app on your iOS devices
    3. Tap on Touch ID & Passcode
    4. Enter your Passcode or Password
    5. Toggle Touch ID to OFF
    6. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen
    7. Shut down and restart your device
    8. Enter your Passcode or Password at the Lock screen
    9. Launch Settings on your iOS device
    10. Tap on Touch ID & Passcode
    11. Enter your Passcode or Password
    12. Toggle Touch ID to ON
    13. Open 1Password, unlock and go to Settings > Security to turn it back on.

Does that fix the problem?

Ben

• sjabey
    sjabey
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion...unfortunately, that did not fix the problem either.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thanks for trying, @sjabey. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

(iOS) Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

ref: HDL-54821-486

This discussion has been closed.