Convert 1Password for Teams account to 1Password for Familes

Options

I signed up for a 1Password for Teams account, for my family, very quickly after the public beta opened. I saw in this weeks email that you have a 1Password for Families, and the pricing fits what we are looking for much better. Is there anyway to convert my account over?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:convert 1password for teams to family, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @mudetroit! Yup, and it's just a few clicks away. Sign in to your Teams account, click the team name in the top right, and click Admin Console. Then switch to the Settings tab and click Switch to a Family Account. And boom! :) Let us know if you have any other questions.

• mudetroit
    mudetroit
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Totally what I was looking for.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of penderworth, you are most welcome! I was excited to see that feature myself. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• benjaminkech
    benjaminkech
    Community Member
    Options

I tried to change my team account to a family account , the switch shows however an error message.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@benjaminkech: Provided the error message doesn't contain any personal information (it shouldn't), could you tell us what it is? It may help us offer a solution — or fix an issue, if necessary. Thanks in advance! :)

• benjaminkech
    benjaminkech
    Community Member
    Options

I added a printscreen of the error.

• rgruyters
    rgruyters
    Community Member
    Options

I have just switches and with success! Great service.

• Jacob
    Options

@benjaminkech Are you an owner or admin on the account?

@rgruyters Glad to hear that! :)

• benjaminkech
    benjaminkech
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth I am both somehow

• DavidFelice1
    DavidFelice1
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried to switch my Team account to a Family account and the Settings tab on my Admin Console does not give me the option to change to Family account. I get a 'Coming Soon' message regarding credits, storage and adding members.

• @benjaminkech as both an Owner and an Admin you should have the ability to switch your Team account to a Family account. I am not sure what error is occurring there. If you could email us at support@1password.com then we could gather a bit more information and see if we can figure out what is going wrong there.

@DavidFelice1 it sounds as though you are already using a Family account. That message about adding a Credit Card should only be showing up for Family accounts. You can verify this by looking at the tabs in the Admin Console. If there is a Family Members tab as shown below then it is a Family account, but if you see a Team Members tab then you are using a Teams account. If you are indeed using a Teams account then please let me know.

Thanks

• DavidFelice1
    DavidFelice1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the follow-up Jeff, but I already took care of this issue with another of your team members. For the record, the support at 1Password is awesome - keep up the great work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update — and the kind words! I'm glad to hear that we were able to get things sorted out for you. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.