Problem with non-1P Software Licences

Options
ashpole
ashpole
Community Member

Just trying out Families. On a Mac I followed the instructions to copy all entries in my Primary vault to the Personal one on Families, mostly OK. Software Licence entries are an issue though. Where a third-party licence file was attached to a Software Licence 1P entry, it copied over as expected: Software Licence entry linked to a Document entry for the licence file. But I can find no way dragging and dropping the licence file to the Desktop, which has always worked.

So now, how do I get a licence file out of 1P when using Families?

Mike

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Families
Referrer: forum-search:software licences

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi Mike ( @ashpole ),

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

You can open the file you want in Finder by clicking on the down arrow next to the Quick Look button (you'll have to download the attachment first, if you haven't already):

From there you can copy it wherever you'd like (e.x. the Desktop).

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ashpole
    ashpole
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, I've since found that! Strange it doesn't work like "regular" 1P - it might confuse some users! ;)

Mike

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that worked out.

Strange it doesn't work like "regular" 1P - it might confuse some

Well, it isn't "regular" 1P. :) Documents is a brand new feature exclusive to Teams / Families. It is similar in appearance to the attachments feature from the standalone products, but works entirely differently on the back-end. You're absolutely right though -- it probably will confuse some folks. That is all about managing expectations. It is a different product/service and as such will operate differently in some respects. I'll see what we can do about improving our FAQ for existing 1Password users on this point.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.