I already have a license for 3-5 users (my family). Do I need to pay extra now to join Families?

Options
westwater6
westwater6
Community Member

My husband and I try to coordinate our 1Password data. We work on Apple computers, iPhone and iPads. I do not want to lose the ability to synch with iCloud. Can you help me sort this out?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I already have a license for 3-5 users (my family). Do I need to pay extra now to join Families?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@westwater6: 1Password for Families is free for the first few months as part of the early adopter bonus, so no worries there.

Regarding iCloud, you don't need it!* With 1Password for Families, you don't have to setup sync or configure devices; you simply login to your account and all of your 1Password for Families vaults appear automatically!

*To be clear, you can still use iCloud for other things, but 1Password for Families doesn't use it.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• westwater6
    westwater6
    Community Member
    Options

Will 1Password for Families automatically synch with our (2) Apple Air (10.11.1), (2) iPad Air (IOS9.2.1) and (2) iPhone 6s (IOS9,2.1) without iCloud? How will this work?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@westwater6 -

Will 1Password for Families automatically synch with our (2) Apple Air (10.11.1), (2) iPad Air (IOS9.2.1) and (2) iPhone 6s (IOS9,2.1) without iCloud?

Yes, 1Password for Families will sync with all of those devices, and iCloud won't be needed. Once you have set up Families and then activated it on those devices, syncing from AgileBits servers will be completely automatic, without you needing to do anything else.

How will this work?

Did I already answer this? With iCloud, you have to do something active to make it work, like pick it as a sync solution and sign in to iCloud. This is all under the hood with families, once you have made the transition. Although you may keep syncing some record via iCloud, if you transfer all your data to Families, there will be no need for doing that.

• rob
    Options

@hawkmoth :+1:

Let us know if you have any other questions, @westwater6!

This discussion has been closed.