Can I use my Windows 1 Password license for my android phone?

Options
adelcastillo2
adelcastillo2
Community Member

I purchased your license for my computer at home and I have it on my work computer too. They work great and I love the app but, I can't seem to get the free version to work right on my cell phone (Samsung galaxy note 5). I can't do syncs or updates. It wants me to purchase the license for my android but, I was under the impression that, if the service is just for me (one user), I only needed one license. Is that correct? And, if so, how do I activate a licensed version on my Note 5?
Also, if I can get it to work, do you have a forum or a document area that explains how to use the "WiFi" sync feature?
I don't trust the cloud for syncing.

1Password Version: version 6.1
Extension Version:
OS Version: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Sync Type: not using sync.
Referrer: kb:wifi-troubleshooting, kb:sales-faq

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @adelcastillo2. :)

1Password is licensed per person and per platform, so your Windows license will work with all of your Windows devices, but it won't transfer over to Android. The Premium features on Android are a separate purchase.

That said, 1Password for Android is free to install through Google Play. It has a free 30 day trial, during which it has full capabilities. After the trial period, it becomes limited. You'll still be able to sync, view, and fill your data, but you won't be able to add new items or edit existing items from Android without purchasing the Premium features.

That said, you can certainly configure Wi-Fi sync between your PC and Android, even without having purchased the Premium features on Android. Please give that a try and let me know if it works for you! If not, I'll be happy to troubleshoot any issues. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.