Unable to sync content to my android from windows demo version

Options
gireesh4manu
gireesh4manu
Community Member

Hey there guys,

So i purchased the pro version of 1password for a 1 year period i think for my iphone. its been like 4/5 months now maybe but owing to some storage issues with my iphone, i had to replace it. So what i did was i did a wifi sync with the demo version of 1password for windows, and i believe all my saved passwords had synced with the pc successfully but then when i try to do the wifi sync again from my pc to my new android phone, i'm not able to. it just says sync status is idle and nothing is happening. so can u guys pls guide me here on how to proceed ???

Regards,
Vish

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @gireesh4manu. I'll be happy to help out with your Wi-Fi sync issue. :)

Can you let me know what versions of 1Password you're using on both Android and Windows, as well as what versions of Android and Windows you're using?

Also, do you have any antivirus software or firewalls installed on either device? If so, can you try disabling them before syncing? Also, please verify that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Let me know what you find out! Thanks!

• gireesh4manu
    gireesh4manu
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Peri,

Um so the phone is running Android Marshmallow and the pc runs on windows 10. 1password on the phone is v6.1 and on the pc is 4 i believe. lemme try disabling firewall and antivirus on my pc and try again

• gireesh4manu
    gireesh4manu
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi again,

It worked and the sync was successful. The firewall was the culprit :-P
    Thnx a lot Yo :)

• peri
    Options

That's great news, @gireesh4manu. :) I'm glad you were able to get your devices syncing.

If you have any other trouble in the future, don't hesitate to contact us. Have a good day!

This discussion has been closed.