I had to get a new iPhone and re-sync 1Password on my phone using DropBox. Vault Discrepancy

PeteShirley
PeteShirley
Community Member

After I attempted to sync my new iPhone with 1Password using Drop Box, I received an error that there was a vault discrepancy. Number of items differed.

I selected sync anyway and it wiped out my primary vault on my desk top (sync'd computer). I was able to restore from backup, but now 1Password doesn't work on my iPhone.

How do I get it to work?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.0
Sync Type: Drop Box
Referrer: forum-search:discrepancy

Comments

• Hi @PeteShirley,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Indeed that is why we provide that warning. :) Do you currently have any items on the iPhone that are not present on the computer? If not the easiest path forward would be to erase 1Password for iOS, reinstall it, and then sync all the data over from the computer using Dropbox. I would recommend making a backup of 1Password for iOS first, just in case:

https://support.1password.com/ios-itunes-backups/

Please let us know.

Ben

• bryan_richardson
    bryan_richardson
    Community Member

Similar Problem here,

Only i basically duplicated all my passwords. Is there a way i can easily filter through the duplicates?

I was switching to opvault when this occured.

• @bryan_richardson Sorry about that. The easiest way to clean things up would be from the Mac or Windows apps. Do you have one of those, and is your data in it? If so, you should have a backup of things that you can restore to. Our Backup FAQ has some info on the topic. If you don't have any backups, you can also filter duplicates using some more advanced methods. Please let us know if that's the case, or if you don't have another device with 1Password on it.

This discussion has been closed.