1Password adding question mark at end of URL

Options

This makes opening the web page fail, since it's trying to find a page that ends with "/?". I've reentered the URL several times in 1Password and verified that there is no question mark in the field, but when 1password opens safari, the "/?" shows up.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 610006
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:question mark at end of URL

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @john_bresnahan,

Can I ask what version of the 1Password extension is installed please as we did fix this bug in version 4.5.4. It might be updating the extension sorts this for you :smile: If we can help please let us know what browser you use and we can give more specific steps.

• john_bresnahan
    john_bresnahan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that fixed the problem. I would note that I did have the "automatically update" checkbox checked, but it apparently didn't update the extension. I also had a bit of trouble because when I tried to install the newest extension, it failed without any reason given. I had to manually uninstall the old version before the new version would install. Better instructions (or the ability to upgrade without first uninstalling) would be helpful.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @john_bresnahan,

Are you a Safari user by any chance?Apple changed a few things in Safari 9 and we're still ironing out the quirks although some will only be in the form of better documentation. As you've seen, for reasons unknown some people have to uninstall the old version first, a quirk that is definitely new as of version 9.

• john_bresnahan
    john_bresnahan
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, Safari 9.0.3 (1160.4.4)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @john_bresnahan,

As I say, we're still updating documentation and making adjustments, especially with the changes in Safari 9 so sorry about that.

This discussion has been closed.