Wrong fields filling out

Options

The fields on this website are filled out incorrectly: https://www.netxinvestor.com/web/netxinvestor/login
I've saved this manually several times, and ensured that the correct data is in the script. The Username continues to populate the "Financial Org #" field, and the "Username" field stays blank.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.4
OS Version: 6.1.7601
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: kb-search:add security questions, ug:ios/create-a-login-item, kb-search:add security questions, kb:fix-website-login, kb:report-website

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fredauch,

When you say you've manually saved do you mean you created a Login item from inside the main 1Password window or did you follow the steps in our guide How to manually save a Login? The reason I ask is I tried creating a test Login item in both 1Password for Mac and Windows and when I do I always use this guide. Both Login items consistently filled in Firefox and Chrome for me, filling in both the financial org and user ID fields.

Are you finding the User ID field stays blank when you create a Login item using our How to manually save a Login guide?

• fredauch
    fredauch
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables
    I followed the steps in the guide How to manually save a Login, and I also attempted to edit the fields inside the main 1PW window. Just tried it again, with no better results.
    Yes, the User ID field stays blank when I create a Login item using the How to manually save a Login guide.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fredauch,

We only recommend editing the fields when strictly required as altering the stored fields can cause a change in filling behaviour when the fingerprint of the page you're trying to fill no longer matches the fingerprint that the web form data represents and in the case of a page like this we do need it to use a very particular filling behaviour because of the two text fields and no password.

There is one possibility, something I wasn't clear about in my previous post. With how their site works you will almost undoubtedly require two Login items, one for the first page and one for the password page. Trying to add your password to the Login that works on the first page would break filling there. Now that I think of it is that the possible cause of the observable differences that we're experiencing, you're trying to create a single Login item that fills both pages while I've only so far looked at the first page because I can't see the next?

This discussion has been closed.