How do I import from Dropbox my vault (created on iPhone) to Android 6.0?

Options
rbendell
rbendell
Community Member

I just purchased a Samsung S7 and would like to transfer my vault from iPhone. Currently it is synced with Dropbox.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:android/settings-sync, ug:android/sync, ug:android/, kb-search:Switch from iOS to android, kb:switch-to-opvault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rbendell: If you've already got your AgileKeychain vault stored in Dropbox, you can simply tell 1Password for Android to use that vault in Dropbox when you setup the app (sync existing). However, if you've already switched to OPVault, 1Password for Android is not yet able to use that format. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• rbendell
    rbendell
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I don't know the difference between AgileKeychain and OPVault. Apparently, I have made that change. Anyway to undo it?

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update, @rbendell.

In order to sync your Android, I recommend creating a new AgileKeychain vault from Android with the same Master Password you use on the iPhone. Create a test item in the new vault on Android and sync. Then open the sync settings in 1Password on iOS, and change Dropbox syncing. This time, make sure to select the .agilekeychain folder. Let me know if that gets things on track!

• rbendell
    rbendell
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I left SplashId to move to 1Password. This issue caused me to take another look. SplashId solved the problem without any special setup. 80% of my information was still intact. Wish you guys had a better answer to this issue.

• peri
    Options

Sorry about that, @rbendell. :( We've recently switched to OPVault as the default vault format on iOS, and we're planning on adding OPVault support to Android in the future as well, which will eliminate issues like this.

In the meantime, we can certainly migrate 100% of your data from iOS to Android so you don't have to recover any loss. Create a new vault on Android by selecting CREATE YOUR FIRST VAULT and then giving this vault the same Master Password that you use on iOS. Then tap the blue plus sign to create an item. It doesn't have to contain any data, and you can name it "Test." Then tap Settings > Sync and enable Dropbox sync. This will create an .agilekeychain folder in Dropbox.

Then launch 1Password on iOS and go to your sync settings and tap Change Dropbox. You can then switch from the .opvault folder you're currently syncing with to the new .agilekeychain folder. That will get both of your devices syncing with the same vault.

• rbendell
    rbendell
    Community Member
    Options

I'm back, thanks

• peri
    Options

Yay! That's great news, @rbendell. :) If you need anything else in the future, don't hesitate to ask.

• Bas
    Bas
    Community Member
    Options

This worked perfect for me as well, after leaving my iPhone for à Samsung Galaxy S7.
    Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear that helped! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.