you broke "extra" web form fields in latest update for Mac (in Chrome)

Options

Updated yesterday to what the latest version is as of today. (Any reason you don't show a version in the 1password mini?)

When using chrome "extra" web form fields (a second auth token in my case) do not get filled in. (still works in mac and iphone safari)

I'd attach a picture but your forum doesnt seem to support that.

1Password Version: 6.1 610005
Extension Version: 4.5.4.90
OS Version: os x 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jpwynn,

So our forums do support adding images and the following image should help.

If you do decide to do so please do check the image before uploading to make sure it doesn't display anything you really don't want visible in a public forum.

What might be of more use for helping you though is if you could tell us the URL for the site and what should happen compared to what current happens. We'll happily go investigate and see what's happening.

As to the question about not showing a version in 1Password mini, do you mean the extension version? I just want to make sure I fully understand before maybe answering a question you didn't ask :smile:

• jpwynn
    jpwynn
    Community Member
    Options

Her eis a screenshot. The webform in 1password is setup to handle one extra field. It worked fine in Chome until the latest 1password update. Now this field is ignored on Chrome, but works fine in Sarai on mac or iphone. I assume therefore your latest update broke the Chrome extension's abilotuy to handle 'extra' web form fields.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jpwynn That's strange indeed. This does not look like the same issue I was thinking of. I'm glad because I hope that one is a freak occurrence and not something we need to be looking out for more widely.

At this point, we'll need to see the URL of the page in order to make a proper determination about what might be going on. If you'd rather not post it here, you can email us with a short description of the problem and a link to this thread at support@agilebits.com

Thanks!

• luke_h
    luke_h
    Community Member
    Options

I lost the ability to fill in forms in Chrome as well, still works in Safari.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@luke_h Could you describe your problem a little further? It sounds like your information is not filling at all whereas the problem @jpwynn was reporting is that a certain bit of the login was no longer filling, which is something we'll be investigating separately. Here are some things that will help us understand your situation better:

• Do you see the 1Password button in Chrome?
    • If you manually navigate to a page in Chrome for which you have a login saved and then click that button in Chrome, do you see your login in the list?
    • If so and you choose that login from the list, what happens?
    • Is the problem you're having on every site or just a few? If it's just a few, can you send the URLs so we can take a closer look?

Thanks!

• luke_h
    luke_h
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @jxpx777. Actually, for some reason my the email address input does still work, but the other fields don't.

• I do see the 1Password button in Chrome
    • I do see the login in the list if I click the 1Password button in Chrome
    • If I choose that login, it fills in the email field only
    • I haven't noticed it on another site, but I haven't been filling in forms repeatedly elsewhere either. Can I send you the url via email?
  • jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Absolutely, @luke_h. You can send it to support@agilebits.com. Include a link to this thread and your forum username so we know who's sending what. :) One of the first things we will ask/suggest is saving a fresh copy of the login like this, so give that a try as well and let us know the result either here or in your email.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.