Wi-FiSync to New Computer

lilikoi
lilikoi
Community Member

I just got a new computer and have managed to get my vault transferred over (both the new and old are Windows laptops).

But I can't get my android tablet to sync with the new computer. It will still sync with the old one, but not the new one.

I've got the Wi-Fi Sync window open on the new computer, but when I try to sync on my tablet, the app generates the following message: "Can't connect. Open 1Passowrd on your computer and ensure Wi-Fi Sync Server is running."

Any guidance on how to fix this?

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 & Android
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• Hi @lilikoi. I'll be happy to help with your Wi-Fi sync issue. :)

1Password for Android allows you to configure sync with any single vault on any single computer when syncing using Wi-Fi. It's not possible to sync between more than one computer and the Android, as Android will only look for the original vault/computer and ignore any others.

If you can confirm that all of your vault data is safe and sound on the new PC, you can reset 1Password on Android in order to configure sync with this vault instead. To do so, go to your device Settings > Apps > 1Password > Storage, and tap Clear Data. This will clear everything from 1Password on Android so that you can start over. Make sure to sync any unsaved changes before doing so!

Let me know if you have further questions or problems. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.