I can't see my passwords when I open up one password. It looks like they are all blank.

Options

I open up one password to look at my passwords. I find the login info I'm looking for. If I click "edit" as if I'm going to edit the file in some way I can't see my password. It's blank. I can see the other fields (login, name, etc.) but the passwords section is blank. If I copy and paste it the data is there. So in that sense it works still but I can't see the password. This was not a problem in the past. Help!!! Concerns me that the file is corrupted. I tried to reset and did a fresh download from Dropbox but it still wouldn't let me see them.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:sync-options, kb:starting-over

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@bcmars - You are running an old version of 1Password that has seen no development or updates since version 4 was released in 2013. You are running that old version on the newest version of OS X. OS X updates have overtaken the old version of 1Password, and it no longer works properly, which is what you are experiencing. Assuming you do not wish to downgrade your OS X version back to at least Yosemite, it's time to upgrade your copy of 1Password.

You can find your discounted upgrade cost by filling in your version 3 license key on the upgrades page of the AgileBits web store. Here is the direct link to do that.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bcmars,

Since you're using 1Password 3 for Mac, I've moved your message to our "1Password 3 for Mac" forum. I hope you don't mind!

Hawkmoth is spot-on, and we have more information about the problem you described in this forum announcement: 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

The "invisible field" behavior is mentioned briefly in the first message there, and the second message goes into more detail about it. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that, but hopefully that helps to explain what's going on. If you have more questions, please let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.