Can the import be done from iPhone to ipad from splashID?

Options
jpeg061
jpeg061
Community Member

I have an iPhone 6s. I just purchased 1Password Pro and would like to know how to import from SplasID. Do I need to install the Windows version?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2.1
Sync Type: Wifi
Referrer: kb:import-splashid

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@jpeg061 - You will need a desktop version to make the conversion. There is a30 day free trial period, which might help you with the transition, if you plan to be mobile only.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jpeg061

As Hawkmoth correctly points out you'll need to use the desktop version of 1Password to do any type of importing. We would love to bring import to 1Password for iOS, but it is not currently available and therefore requires the desktop version to accomplish this task.

Once you have it on the desktop version you can sync that data to your iOS device (Dropbox is the most common way, Wifi is another option). After that point you wouldn't need the desktop app, but I would encourage you to use them both. In an ideal world you would want your data to be available on any desktop computers, especially after changing most of your passwords to ones you do not know. Side benefit is that it helps create proper backups along the way also.

I'll pass along your request for importing on our iOS application though :)

Please let us know if you encounter any trouble and we'll be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.